This is a 19th century Imperial Russian Fallow Deer hunt trophy mounted on a hand carved and giltwood plaque. The wappen on the skull indicates that it was taken by a Russian Royal or Nobleman, as the royal cypher indicates. The accompanying dagger would have been given as part of the induction into the Imperial Russian Order of St. Anna in 1887 during the Russo-Turkish War. The antique dagger's handle is crafted in ivory along with an inscription of the Order of St. Anna and dated 1887.
Dimensions: H 31" x W 30" x D 24".
Part of the European Hunt collection, this collection of antique hunting trophies has been examined and appraised by James Supp of Coronado Trading Co., who is best known for his work with the PBS production "Antiques Roadshow." All pieces in this collection have been examined and appraised and come with a Certificate of Authenticity document.