19th century Austrian fallow deer trophy on original Black Forest carved plaque that hung in Emperor Franz Josef's castle at Eckartsau in the Southern Austrian Alps. Eckartsau was a favorite hunting Schloss of the Habsburg family. The plaque itself is an original, hand-carved wooden plaque in a classic Black Forest theme, with oak leaves and acorns with a small badge below the cap. The skull cap also features original writing dated 1892.
Plaque measures 11" H x 8" W. Total height is 25", antler spread is 28" and the antler depth is 16" (to the wall).
Part of The European Hunt collection, this collection of antique hunting trophies has been examined and appraised by James Supp of Coronado Trading Co., who is best known for his work with the PBS production "Antiques Roadshow." All pieces in this collection have been examined and appraised and come with a Certificate of Authenticity.