Kids' Meals mission is to end childhood hunger by delivering free, healthy meals to the doorsteps of Houston’s hungriest preschool-aged children.
Kids’ Meals is a first-responder to children ages five-years-old and under facing debilitating hunger due to abject poverty. Every weekday, year-round, from 9 a.m. to noon, volunteers prepare thousands of healthy lunches consisting of a sandwich, snack and 100% juice or milk.
Six vans deliver the meals M-F to children enrolled in the program. They currently have six Houston-area routes that target zip codes all located within Beltway 8, where the need is critical.
- 545,000 nutritious meals were delivered to hungry children in Houston.
- 1,200 bags of groceries were distributed at both Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- 1,200 turkeys were distributed at Thanksgiving.
- Over 5,000 toys were distributed at Christmas.
- Increased number of routes from 2 to 5 increasing the number of children we feed everyday by 26%.
- 21,297 volunteer hours contributed to the efforts of ending hunger in Houston.